Connected Vehicle Professional™
The Connected Vehicle Professional™ (CVP) Credentialing Program is a comprehensive education and certification curriculum collaboratively launched between SAE International, Connected Vehicle Trade Association (CVTA) and The Next Education.
The CVP Credentialing Program helps professionals build a valuable skill set and increases professional credibility in the Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Community. The CVP is a vendor-neutral credentialing program that signifies that an individual has the requisite foundational understanding necessary to perform tasks involving connected vehicle and intelligent transportation best practices, in-vehicle safety, infrastructure, communication protocols, security and more.
This series of three courses instructs for a level of understanding around Vehicle-to-Vehicle, Vehicle-to-Infrastructure, and Vehicle-to-X connectivity inclusive to the rapidly advancing field of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) and Connected Vehicles. These courses are designed for the experienced IT professional, software engineer, automotive engineer, information and vehicle technician, insurance and telecommunications professional, transportation staff and service professional looking to enhance their professional career in this growing sector.
Course One, Connected Vehicle Professional I - Function, Protocols and Architecture launches in April 2015, in conjunction with SAE World Congress.
• Connected Vehicle Professional I - Function, Protocols, and Architecture will focus on connected vehicle application concepts and vision, performance functions, communication protocols, hardware architecture components and software architecture methodologies within the connected vehicle ecosystems. To ensure a globally informed awareness, learners will be presented with in-depth wide-ranging course materials, suggested domestic and internationally source reading resources, and tested on various key areas of instruction. Total learning content equates to 30 hours of training.
• Connected Vehicle Professional II - Standards, Organizations, Programs, V2X will emphasize connected vehicle standards from various organizations such as SAE, IEEE and other standardization groups. This will also expose learners to multiple organizations and programs recognized throughout the industry. Emphasis for this class is on Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V), Vehicle-to-Infrastructure (V2I), Vehicle-to-Data (V2D) technologies. To ensure a globally informed awareness, learners will be presented with in-depth wide-ranging course materials, suggested domestic and internationally source reading resources, and tested on various key areas of instruction. Total learning content equates to 40 hours of training.
• Connected Vehicle Professional III - Data, Markets, Policy and Regulations will focus on data generated by connected vehicle. Further, learners are introduced to major consortia and agencies supporting the development, implementation and regulation of connected cars and other connected vehicle ecosystems. Additionally, learners are provided overviews on policies and regulations-being introduced into this space. To ensure a globally informed awareness, learners will be presented with in-depth wide-ranging course materials, suggested domestic and internationally source reading resources, and tested on various key areas of instruction. Total learning content equates to 30 hours of training.
A blended learning approach is used that includes:
• Extensive online learning activities through Mobile Comply’s robust learning platform. Learning content includes videos, practical interactive elements, current industry reading material, and knowledge checkpoints.
• Two half-day classroom sessions that emphasize problem solving, Q&A, and real-world case studies taught by industry professionals.
Learners who successfully complete the end-of-course learning assessment are awarded the SAE International/Connected Vehicle Trade Association Certificate of Competency.
The CVP Credentialing Program is collectively a 100 hour credentialing Program. There are multiple levels of credentialing in the CVP.
Certificates of Competency/Mastery (Single-course)
• Complete a course in a focused content area
• Pass an SAE-vetted exam that verifies your competence of the material
• Earn a Certificate of Competency or Certificate of Mastery
Curriculum Certificates (All Three Courses):
• Complete a bundle of required and elective courses in a specific content area or technical discipline
• Pass the online learning assessment at the end of each course
• Earn your framed Certificate of Mastery listing all of the courses completed and Continuing Education Units (CEUs) earned
• Complete established eligibility requirements (typically educational background and work experience)
o No specific training course is required to take the certification exam but a prep course or study materials can be a viable preparation method.
• Pass an industry-developed, vetted, and proctored exam that tests mastery of an industry-defined body of knowledge
• Earn your industry recognized credential promoting your support and dedication to the profession.
o Certifications must be maintained over time by fulfilling established maintenance requirements.
For more information or to register, contact us:
Phone: +1 (734) 730-8665, firstname.lastname@example.org or see the SAE International website